Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training of Kojar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anden Martins
Jedi Grand Master
Jedi Grand Master
Anden Martins

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:18 am

The heavy rains of Kamino rushed upon the uncovered heads of several new arrivals to the Hidden Temple. They were the newest members of the order, the building blocks that would revive what was the greatness of the Jedi Order. Several of them glanced up to the sky and looked at the dark clouds, and the rain driven winds, and couldn't help but wonder if they really were at a Jedi Temple; such was the gloom that decended upon their hearts. Once they had all exited the transport, and were all quite wet upon the landing pad, they were all rushed indoors; the transport's engines ringing in their ears.

Once inside, they were guided through several shining white hallways that twisted and turned downwards into the churning sea. After a while, the decent leveled out, and they were led to a large room that seemed to be made out of transparencies. The entire room was underneith the ocean, and everywhere one could see fish, sharks, coral, and all sorts of wildlife... in a totally new surrounding. It occured to the brighter members of the group that it was the true beauty of the order; strict and harsh on the outside, and beautiful and just within. They all were seated, leaving flattened images of their soaked bums on white benches. These benches surrounded a great tree in the middle of the room, which was intermixed with other herbs and plants, all of healing attributes.

But their attention was soon drawn from the center of the room, to the north of the room. At the north side, the room ascended into a great stair case, the width of which was larger at the bottom than at the top; in the shape of a pyramid. At the top, stood the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Master Anden Martins. He was garbed completely in white, which was the same hue of his long hair. His face, hands, and the part of his neck that was visible was dark blue, and his eyes (once gold) had faded to a very dull grey. But he was far from old, (for his kind) the mysterious friminoid race (whom was thought by all to be near extinct) was a long living few.

Anden decended the stair slowly, knowing fully that these new initiates would be the solution to the new Jedi Order. With them, he knew that there would always be an order, and that there would always be a chance of survival.

"Welcome" he said, "to the Hidden Temple of the Jedi. It is here on Kamino that you, Jedi hopefuls, will live and learn. You will not know the sun above these waters... nor the people of other lands, nor the solice of your home or family. You surrernder yourselves to the guidence and will of the Jedi."

He paused and said, "Is this your intent, young ones?"

"Yes, Master Jedi." they all replied solemnly, as they were taught to on the previous trip.

"Very well." he said, knowing full well that they would not have replied otherwise. To join the Jedi was the chance of a lifetime. And anyone who would be foolish enough to refuse whould'nt have been chosen as a canidate in the first place.

"You shall be sent to your dormitories now, to study and await your Jedi Master. These clones shall lead you." And with that, the young Jedi hopefuls filed out of the room. Master Martins stopped one of them suddenly,

"Padawan Ko... Kojar is it?" he said.

"Yes Master Jedi?" replied Kojar obediently.

"I have requested to train some of these new Jedi, with the approval of Master Emissary Corran Horn, who you shall meet soon enough; and I am to be your new master. You need not worry, for your sake, for though I am a strict Master- I am not cruel or unjust, and you need not fear coming to me to address your problems that you may have. I am to be your tutor, and mentor, and your ultimate guide to the Jedi Order."

Anden's waited for a response, and recieving none he said, "Well? What do you think of this place? The Jedi? Your new Master? Speak up!"
Back to top Go down
https://alienus.forumotion.net
Kojar
Kojar

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am

Kojar had finally made it to the Jedi temple. It had taken him all of but close to 7 months to track it down and find a member. But he had done it. Stepping off the transport he looked about at the murky surroundings. Rain, rain, and more rain. Oh, and for a change of scenery heavy amounts of rain. His mood matched his skin momentarily. By the time he had his surroundings mapped out - which took all of about 4 seconds - he was already soaked to the skin from the constant rain.

Following the usher he went inside the complex out of the rain. It was a bit different then what he thought it would be. Lead through the white shining hallways, Kojar and the other Jedi candidates eventually made their way into a massive transparent room looking out in the massive ocean. Chaos reigned amongst the currents outside, while peace consumed all within. He reflected that this was mostly what his life had been. Everything in the galaxy chaos, while inside he was always at peace with himself.

Taking a seat on one of the benches he waited for whomever they were waiting for. Sensing something with his new powers he looked up the grand steps at where a new figure stood. Garbed in white the new figure approached the group. Asking questions in which they all replied respectively. Master Anden Martins as he called himself finished his intro. “You shall be sent to your dormitories now, to study and await your Jedi Master. These clones shall lead you.” Kojar and the other candidates obeyed and started following the clones. Abruptly though Master Anden stopped him. “Padawan Ko...Kojar is it?” he asked.

“Yes Master Jedi?” Kojar replied slightly puzzled.

“I have requested to train some of these new Jedi, with the approval of Master Emissary Corran Horn, who you shall meet soon enough; and I am to be your new master. You need not worry, for your sake, for though I am a strict Master; I am not cruel or unjust, and you need not fear coming to me to address your problems that you may have. I am to be your tutor, and mentor, and your ultimate guide to the Jedi Order.”

Kojar was slightly stunned for he wasn’t quite expecting this. It seemed that Master Anden had wanted an answer because he said, “Well? What do you think of this place? The Jedi? Your new Master? Speak up!”

Regaining his composure quickly he answered. “Well master, the complex is a little bit different then what I thought it would be, but I suppose it’s more than enough for the need. I was expecting a few more in number of the Jedi however much in hiding they might be. As for my new master I think he is a very wise one and will help me become one of the greater Jedi masters of our time.”
Back to top Go down
Corran Horn
Moderators
Corran Horn

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:28 pm

OOC:

Due to Anden having a heavy schedule in RL I'll be taking over you're training. Looking forward to rping with you. Smile

IC:

Master Horn strode toward an area of the complex he visited relatively infrequently...which, for him, meant only twice or three times a day whenever he wasn't away from the Temple. Anden had requested to train several of the new Padawans they'd accepted the day before, but now some things had come up and the Grand Master, however much he might like to do more teaching, was called away by his responsibilities.

So today Corran was seeking out one of the new Padawans, Kojar, who sounded pretty promising. Aso the corellian jedi stepped through the door to the Padawan dorm he glanced around to see if the Padawan was around. Not seeing him, he oriented on the door to the feeorin's quarters. Horn stepped up to the door and knocked. A moment later the door opened and Horn found himself looking into the chest of a being rather larger than himself. He tilted his head up to look the Padawan in the face, fighting off an amused smile, "Padawan Kojar?"

"Yes, Master..."

"Horn." Corran offered his hand in greeting, "I am the Order's Padawan Master. Master Martins spoke to you yesterday about training you himself?" The feeorin nodded. "Good. However, I'm afraid some issues have arisen and, as Master Martins is the Grand Master of our Order, he is called away by his duties. You won't be left Masterless, though, as I will take over your training. I'm looking forward to it...so tell me, what do you know of the Jedi and of your Force powers? And what do you have questions about?"
Back to top Go down
Kojar
Kojar

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:22 am

Kojar had stopped and talked with Master Martins for a little while, about what he would like to do with the Jedi and so on. He found it somewhat pointless but felt that it all had some underlying meaning. He would likely find out sometime in the future but for now he would just have to ignore it. Having finished his conversation with the Master he followed a guard that had remained behind after the other Padawans had left. The guard led him through some more hallways to one that had identical doors on both sides. Kojar had learned on his own how to sense others, with that he sensed that all the rooms had the other Padawans.

Entering his room he looked about at the somewhat small room. It would have been moderate sized for the other Padawans, but for Kojar his room was small. It had a bed that would just fit him; a reclining chair that also would only just fit him; and a small desk in the corner that he knew was pointless for him because it sat too low to the ground. Sighing at how cramped things were going to be he set his few possessions on his bed and sat down in the smallish chair. It had been a long day so far, so Kojar let himself fall in a light sleep.

---

Tchk, tchk, tchk. Kojar woke immediately to the knocks at the door. He was used to waking up at the slightest noise, as he had learned to while being a bodyguard for close to 100 years. Using his slight powers of the Force he sensed who was on the other side of the door. It was a Master. Who it was he still couldn't tell because his powers were not that honed yet. Opening the door he looked down upon the shorter Master standing there.

"Padawan Kojar?" The Master asked Kojar.

"Yes, Master..."

"Horn", the Master finished for him. The Master offered his hand, in which Kojar took immediately, but making sure not to squeeze to hard as humans were slightly more frail than Feeorins. Kojar nodded at the question directed at him, and listened intently at what Master Horn had to say. "So tell me, what do you know of the Jedi and of your Force powers? And what do you have questions about?"

"Of the Jedi themselves I know little other than that they exist and that they had at one time been in greater numbers. They had also been somewhat like the unofficial peacekeepers of the galaxy. I know little of my Force powers though Master. All I know how to do is sense what is on the other side of doors and walls, as well as control fire and create it. As for questions Master, I have none at the moment. I'm sure that the more I listen the more I will learn along the way."
Back to top Go down
Corran Horn
Moderators
Corran Horn

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Corran smiled, looking the feeorin in the eye, "You know enough to be dangerous to those around you but not enough to choose the target of your efforts while keeping the rest safe?" From what Corran knew of the Padawan, namely that he had combat experience of some sort, the analogy should carry pretty well. After Kojar responded Horn continued, "From what you say, you have talents in Pyrokinesis- the creation and manipulation of fire. You see, each Force sensitive has certain inborn strengths and weaknesses given them by the Force. These you will discover for yourself as you come to know the Force better...I am a good example of this lesson. I have two inborn talents that give me great advantages: Force Illusion- causing others to see what I wish them to; and Force Absoprtion- being able to absorb many forms of energy and converting them to Force energy I can use. On the other hand, I have almost no natural ability with the Force Telekinesis power commonly called Force Push. Only when I have absorbed sufficient energy can I use that power.

If you've nothing you must see to, Padawan Kojar, please accompany me to one of the training rooms. I would like to see what you can do with this Pyrokinesis of yours. We'll also take the opportunity to see what other techniques you can use at this point. Bring your lightsaber or training saber with you if you have either. Time permitting we'll see how you handle a blade too."

OOC: Sorry about the short post...just got off of work so I'm dragging atm.
Back to top Go down
Kojar
Kojar

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:46 am

Kojar listened to Master Horn intentively. He was amused slightly when Master Horn recalled an old saying used by trainers to their younger trainees. "Yes, something along those lines Master." Kojar gave a small smile after the reply. Kojar let the Master continue with what he needed to tell him. As always he stored the information about Force Absorbtion, Force Telekinesis, and so on into his memory so he could always learn more later.

"...Time permitting we'll see how you handle a blade too", Master Horn seemed finished with all that he needed to say.

"Well Master Horn I have not received a lightsaber nor a training saber yet. But just as well I suppose I can show you my Pyrokinesis. As for blades I am more than adequate Master. I don't know any specific forms of dueling but I'm sure I'll be taught in due time. Shall we go to the training room then?"
Back to top Go down
Corran Horn
Moderators
Corran Horn

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:42 am

"Just remember that lightsaber blades weigh nothing, except for the hilt. It changes everything about the weapon compared to any metal-alloy blades you've used." Corran turned and led the way out of the room.

It didn't take too long to arrive at the training room in question. Like many training rooms the Jedi used, it was filled with a wide variety of objects that could be used for many purposes in training. Horn led Kojar to the center of the room, then spoke again and began pointing out targets, "There are a few basic categories that most Force powers tend to contain: short range offenses, long range offenses, shot range defenses, and long range defenses. You may be able to use all these aspects of pyrokinesis right now or not; there's no certain standard I expect you to meet this first time. Now, there are targets within a few yards of you on the nearest blocks and others at varying ranges all around us." Corran showed the feeorin a small, circular metal target. "I will stand to the side and observe as you hit as many targets as you can. Once you've demonstrated your offensive techniques, continue with any defensive facets you have developed."

The Master turned away after receiving Kojar's acknowledgement and made for one of the walls. When he was relatively close he crouched quickly and, augmenting his muscles with the Force, jumped some five yards up to stand on a shelf mounted on the wall for observation. Turning to face the center of the room again, he opened himself to the Force and extended his awareness to encompass the room. As he watched with eyes and sense his new Padawan began.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training of Kojar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training of Kojar   Training of Kojar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training of Kojar
Page 1 of 1