Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corran Horn
Moderators
Corran Horn

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore Empty
PostSubject: The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore   The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 am

For several months now Corran had been troubled by strange dreams. In them he saw the Order gathered, but he was not present; the speakers' platform stood empty. Try as he might, Horn could get no further information from the dream. It did not tell him the cause of his absence.

Eventually Corran decided to do something about the dreams. He sat down with one of the dozen or so Jedi Holocrons to survive the purge. Activating it, he greeted the gatekeeper, a Caamasi Jedi Master named Allynic E'Kles. The gatekeeper returned his greeting, then added, "Master Horn, what knowledge do you seek?"

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore 250px-Caamasi_NEGAS

"I have something great to ask of you, Allynic." The Caamasi nodded for him to continue. "Of late I have been having dreams, visions, of the Order gathered without me. I do not know if this predicts my death or if it shows something more benign. If I am to die, I would like padawans to still be able to benefit from my experiences. Will you show me your memnii of the creation of your holocron?"

"Recording the knowledge of the Jedi is a worthy task. I will show you the memnis. Place your hand on the holocron."

Corran leaned forward and placed his palm flat against on side of the cubic holocron. A tingle shot up his arm and suddenly he was somewhere else, in another's body. The Caamasi had amazing senses, especially smell. He was sitting in a meditation chamber; various chunks of machinery etc were scattered around. Moving slowly, he carefully began to assemble the holocron. Much like the construction of a lightsaber, the task was very Force intensive. Unlike lightsaber construction though, this was much more complicated, requiring a lifetime of knowledge and experience. Only a Master of the Force could bond something at such a tiny level.

The memnis ended and Corran found himself back in his quarters, still sitting with his hand on the holocron. He looked at Allynic, "Thank you for showing me."

The gatekeeper nodded, "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge." The hologram of E'Kles faded as the holocron turned itself off, its job done for the moment.

The Master sat again for a moment, reviewing the process of creating a holocron. Then he reached for his comlink and activated it, "Seetoo, run a search and find out where one can buy a small data core, a small holo projector, and..." Horn listed the several other things he would need. Once he was done he shut off his comlink, satisfied that he could create his own holocron, something that would live on after him.

After two days Corran had assembled all the parts neccessary to create his holocron. The basic assembly was simple, but the device would not work without going through what he termed a "Force furnace." A top of the line powerpack added to a fist sized holocube made up the bulk of the holocron, though various other parts had to be added as well.

After notifying the academy that he would be unavailable and appointing one of the resident Masters to oversee it for him in his absence, Horn locked himself into his quarters and began to meditate. Slowly he edited a thought here, an emotion there, opening himself to the Force.

After several hours the Force was vibrating through the corellian, pouring through his frame to an extent he had rarely matched. Slowly he reached down and picked up the holocron. Focusing, he poured the Force into it. As he did so changes began to take place. Elemental bonds shifted, atoms moved at the tiniest degrees. The changes reminded Corran of the construction of his lightsaber. Prodded by the Force, his hand went to his belt. He removed his lightsaber, withdrew the durindfire crystal that focused it, and placed it against the holocron's side.

The flow of the Force strengthened even more, flashing through Horn's body and through the holocron and crystal in unprecedented amounts. And suddenly he was hyperaware of his surroundings, conscious of everything around him. This state continued through the night as he worked.

At one point Corran's mind seemed to split. It wasn't painful or confusing, but rather it felt natural. Vaguely, in the back of his mind, he realized the holocron was copying his cognitive matrix.

A long time later, some four days after he began, Corran slumped away from the holocron. He reached out and picked up a jug of water he had prepared before starting and drank long and deep. Feeling refreshed, he sat back up and examined his handiwork.

The holocron's white exterior had changed to more of a silver, with a deep green tint to it. It came to life when Corran picked it up, fist glowing then emitting a hologram. Horn looked down at the minitaure representation of himself as it bowed and said, "I am Master Corran Horn, third Grand Master of the restored Jedi Order. Do you wish to record anything, Creator?"

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore 180px-Holocron_negwt

The Master smiled and shook his head, "Nothing right now, thank you." The attempt, it seemed, was a success.

After a moment Corran put the holocron down and picked up the durindfire gem. Slotting it back into his lightsaber, he activated the blade. It had changed too. The silver blade had picked up faint emerald highlights and its hum was deeper. He suspected the properties of the blade had changed too, though only practice would reveal that to be true.

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore 220px-Corran_Horn_NEGTC_

------------------------

It was nearly a week before Corran found a chance to return to his holocron and begin to add data. He set the device on his desk and activated it. The small hologram of himself appeared in a swirl of light, "Creator," it said, nodding, "Do you wish to add something?"

"Yes. Please activate skill-screening. I would also like to create an overview, a table of contents."

The hologram nodded again, then was silent for a moment. It raised its head and spoke again, disappearing to be replaced with a list as it did so, "It is done. Dictate the contents and they will be added. The same process goes for edits."

Horn sat back in his chair and assembled his thoughts for a moment, then he began. He knew this list would be greatly expanded before he was done, so he did not set it to show anything but the most updated table.

When Corran was finished the table of contents looked thus:

(OOC Note: The skill level ratings are completely canon. For example: If your character is a Knight they cannot learn Master or above Lessons from this holocron. You may read them OOCly, of course, but they are not available ICly until you earn the right to access them.)

Quote :
Holocron of Master Corran Horn

Initiate Lessons: The History of the Jedi Order

Padawan Lessons: Burst of Speed; Force Jump; Force Push/Pull; Force Sense; Saber Throw; Telepathy.

Knight Lessons: Force Confusion; Force Deflection; Force Comprehension; Precognition; Force Trance; Force Valor; Droid Disable; Force Teleportation.

Master Lessons:

Council Material:

Grand Master Material:

--------------------------------

Last edited by Corran Horn on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Corran Horn
Moderators
Corran Horn

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore   The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:58 am

The History of the Jedi Order

An image of Corran Horn appears in a swirl of light.

"Welcome, youngling. It is always good to see new faces joining the Order. You are just starting your path to becoming a Jedi, a protector of the weak. That's what the essence of being a Jedi is: Those who can do something have the responsibility to help those who cannot help themselves. Let this guide you and you will find that you can resist the temptations of the Dark Side. Listen to the Force always, and let it be your guide.

"You will find that, for the moment, you can only access lessons about the history of our Order. As you progress as a Jedi more knowledge will become available to you from me. Patience will be your second greatest ally in your quest for understanding of the Force. The greatest, of course, if the Force itself. Listen to it and it will guide you to learn what I cannot teach."

The hologram, hearing the Initiate's request, nods and speaks again.

"The history of the Jedi is a long and complicated one. A basic knowledge of our history is central to taking your first steps on your journey to becoming a full member of our Order.

"The Jedi were founded millenia ago, around the time the Republic was created. As time went on the Order expanded and evolved, making the change from being elite warriors to being guardians of the peace, and then to being almost a branch of the Republic's peacekeeping forces. These years were not without challenges, innumerable wars were prevented or fought, won or lost. Two great schisms rocked the Order, the first of which cast out the followers of the Dark side...those who became the Sith. In later years great wars were fought against fallen Jedi and Sith such as Freedon Nadd, Ulic Qel-Droma, Exar Kun, Revan and Malak, and Dark Lord Kaan.

"All these may be covered in detail later, but we will move on for now. In 981 AR the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, in reality a Sith lord, ordered the clone armies of the time to destroy the Jedi who had led them through the CIS insurrection. The Supreme Chancellor was assasinated by a being or beings unknown shortly thereafter. A sickening number of Jedi fell to the clones, but not all. Master Solon Qel-Droma survived and in 983 AR he reinstated the Jedi Order as its new Grand Master. He gathered promising students, including myself, to the Jedi Temple on Alderaan and trained us there.

"The Order grew and expanded and the first crop of new Jedi gained their Knighthoods. The first couple were Anden Martins and Kyle Barris. They were soon followed by a larger group consisting of Aldron Aldoran, Kal “Kilo” Banner, Kharys, and myself. These went on to train their own padawans and the Order expanded further.

“Eventually Master Qel-Droma felt the need to seek answers outside the Order and left just after the remaining Knights of the first group gained their Masterships. He appointed Anden Martins in his place and appointed the others to the new Jedi Council. Master Banner, scarred by his last mission, chose to leave the Order instead. As the Order grew it became apparent that one Academy would not supply all the demand for Jedi. So Master Martins created two new academies, one on Kashyyyk and another on Corellia. Kharys traveled to Kashyyyk and founded that academy while I made my way home to Corellia to build the academy there.

“This was not, however, a time of peace. A three sided galactic war broke out between the New Republic, supported by the Jedi, the Sith Imperium, and the Mid Republic which contained the remains of the Old Republic. Great battles were fought over many different planets. Eventually a Sith attack wounded the Jedi greatly, causing much damage to the Temple on Alderaan. Not long later Master Andens called many of the Jedi together there for reasons unknown. Like Master Qel-Droma before him he knew it was time for him to leave. However, Master Martins ended up in a duel with former-Jedi Banner who led the newly reformed Confederacy. Martins fell to his apparent death, but not before passing the responsibility of leadership on to me. It was later found out that he survived but was mortally wounded. By all accounts he died after returning to his home planet.

“This is where we find ourselves now. The Jedi are headquartered in the Corellian Academy, now the Corellian Jedi Temple. Master Qel-Droma has returned but now leads the armed forces of the Republic rather than rejoining the Order. It is a time of uncertainty,” the hologram looks up at the Initiate’s face, “the galaxy is depending on the Jedi for guidance. May you grow strong in the Light, strong enough to light the way for those who depend on us.”

The hologram of Master Horn bows and disappears in another swirl of light.

----------------------------

Padawan Lessons

-Burst of Speed

"So you wish to learn of the skill called "Burst of Speed." This is one of the first skills any Jedi learns while undergoing their training. It is certainly a useful one too. In order to accomplish it you must focus yourself, open yourself to the Force. Use it to enhance your muscles. Strengthen them up, increase their endurance. And now, simply move. Sprint, dodge, roll, try out the moves you have been taught in Form One. You will be much faster than normal, faster than non-forcesensitives can hope to be. But beware impatience, young one. Practice this skill and advance your knowledge and use of it. Think of new ways to employ it. In short, make sure you have mastered it before you move on. And do not be afraid to revisit a skill you have previously learned. You may find something new and useful in it. Good luck, and good practicing. Be warned though: This technique can be extremely draining. Do not over-use it.

-Force Jump

"There are two distinct ways to go about performing the technique known as Force Jump. The first involves augmenting your body, just as with Burst of Speed. The results differ according to each Jedi and their connection to the Force. This is the style I use myself. The other style involves the use of telekinesis to boost your body up. It is most basically described as a Force Push directed straight down. As with any technique, practice and innovation are essential to mastery of Force Jump. The most talented Jedi have been known to jump as high as four to five stories from a standing position."

-Force Push/Pull

"Every Jedi is different. We each connect to the Force in a manner unique to us. Some traits do, however, tend to carry in bloodlines. Such a trait affects my use of this technique. My family, the Horns and Halcyons, have very little ability with Force Push/Pull, or as some call it, Telekinesis. I can only explain to you the theory of it: You must first open yourself to the Force and sense what you intend to move. While you are still new this can involve unweilding concentration and waiting, but it gets better with time. Once you have created a mental image of the object, simply will it to do as you do to your mental image of it. Envision the object rising and it will rise. This is all I can tell you of Telekinesis except, again, that you must practice it if you wish to gain any skill at it."

-Force Sense

"Force Sense is one of the most basic and useful tools of a Jedi. It allows you to sense what is going on around you. As you develop this skill you will find you are able to feel living creatures, to sense danger early, and to 'see' what cannot be seen with normal senses. Eventually you will be able to read emotion, intent, and sometimes even surface thoughts through using this ability. In order to use Force Sense, simply open yourself to the Force. There's nothing fancy about it. Once you are open to the Force and are letting it flow through you, rather than seeking to control its flow, you will begin to sense things. In short, when you are at peace you will sense more than when you are upset. This is a major reason for the large amounts of time our members spend meditating."

-Saber Throw

"Saber Throw is closely related to Telekinesis in that the user is using the Force to guide his or her weapon from their hand to the target and back. A Jedi's familiarity with their weapon is what allows this much finer control. This technique requires much practice and has its risks associated with it. A skilled enemy can draw the saber to themselves, throw it to the side, or just make you drop it. As such, use this technique with caution and mostly against weaker opponents."

-Telepathy

"You will recall that my family has little skill in Telekinesis. Fortunately that is partially made up in our natural affinity for Telepathy. A skilled Jedi can use this technique to contact other Jedi, especially ones they know well, from very long distances. This skill can also be used to read the minds of others, though using it in such a way is a last resort. Take care, the urge to let the ends justify the means lurks near with this skill. Be careful that you do not let the Dark side influence your actions. Similarly to Force Sense, this skill involves reaching out through the Force and sensing the other beings around you. When contacting other Jedi the most common technique, once you have found them, is to simply think towards them. If you can do so with enough force, the other Jedi will hear your message in their mind. The use of Telepathy to read and/or influence the minds of others, particularly non-forcesensitives, is covered under the area of Affect Mind and is more dangerous than this more basic skill."

-----------------------

OOC: More still to come.
Back to top Go down

The Horn Holocron - A Repository of Jedi Lore
Page 1 of 1